Our commitment to privacy
Your privacy is important to us at Cambridge Strategy Group Limited (CSG). This notice explains our online information practices and the choices that you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
What personal data do we collect?
To provide our products, services and websites and for other business purposes, we collect and process personal data for our clients, potential clients, contractors and website users.
We may collect personal data from you such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, and information about your use of our websites/social media, products and services.
When we distribute information by email using our CRM system, Agile CRM, we collect information on whether an email is opened or not and how the reader experiences that information. Similar information is collected when we conduct a survey using our survey tool SurveyMonkey.
In certain circumstances, you will need to provide us with specific categories of personal data to enter into a contract with us and for us to perform that contract.
We do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children or vulnerable individuals.
In what ways do we collect data from you?
We may collect data from you when you:
- conduct business with us
- have a direct interaction with us – you may give us your identity, contact and marketing and communications data by handing us a business card or by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- subscribe to our mailings/newsletter
- request that that we send you material that we publish, including marketing materials
- choose to fill out one of our surveys
- engage with us on social media such as (but not limited to) Face
use our website – we may also automatically collect technical and usage data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns by using cookies, pixels, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our cookies information.
Please note: Our website may include links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect to:
- provide you with services or products that you request of us
- respond to your enquiries
- analyse and improve our website or mailings
- send you newsletters and marketing communications that we believe will interest you and/or be relevant to your business
- maintain our contact database
- carry out business purposes such as data analysis, submitting invoices and market research
On what legal grounds do we rely in collecting personal information?
We rely on the following legal grounds to collect and process your personal information:
- Contractual obligations – we may need to collect and use your personal information if we enter into a contract with you or if we are required to via a contract that you have with us.
- Consent – where required by law, we will rely on your consent, for instance for direct marketing.
- Legitimate interests – we may use your personal information to improve our products and services and content. We will only use your data in a way which it might be reasonably expected to run our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
What marketing will you receive from us?
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or if you provided us with your details when you requested to receive a white paper, guide or similar and, in each case, you consented to receive that marketing.
We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party CRM platform, Agile CRM, to manage our newsletters and bulk emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our mailings. You can update your preferences of unsubscribe entirely to our mailings at any time by clicking the relevant links at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us.
Who do we share your data with and why?
We may have to share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- With partners, suppliers and subcontractors who help us deliver the services you’ve chosen to use
- To comply with a legal or regulatory requirement such as a request from a law enforcement agency
We enter contractual arrangements with any third party with access to data we hold. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How do we protect your personal data?
We protect your privacy by using appropriate measures and secure technology to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
What rights do I have?
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- to be informed about how we use your personal data
- request access to your personal data and the right to have your data corrected or erased (which must be balanced with other rights and obligations)
- restrict processing of your personal data
More details about your legal rights can be found on the ICO’s website.
How do I contact you about issues related to my personal data?
Cambridge Strategy Group Limited (registered company number 07286319) is the data controller and responsible for your personal data. Our address is St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, United Kingdom and our email address is: email@example.com
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page so please revisit and reread it periodically.
Should you have any questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
If you opt out of Google Analytics this will not affect the use of our site. Further information on opting out can be found on this Google page.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see Google’s privacy advice.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of other websites that you visit.
We also use social media share buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the social media sites will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.